Plugin to create fake visits, websites, users and goals. This can be used by Piwik users or developers as an easy way to generate fake data to populate Piwik reports.
You can overwrite the log files that are used to generate fake visits in plugins/VisitorGenerator/data or add new logs to the data directory. All files ending with *.log will be replayed.
Plugin developers can provide their own log files by placing '*.log' files within a 'data' directory of their plugin. This way plugin developers make sure there will be always useful test data.
The plugin adds a new item to the Piwik admin UI visible only for users having Super User access under the section "Diagnostic". There you can select a site and for how many days in the past you want to generate new visits.
It also adds the following commands to the Piwik CLI tool:
- Generate visits
- Generate goals
- Generate users
- Generate websites
- Generate annotation
- Shorten log file
- Anonymize log file
- ./console visitorgenerator:generate-annotation --idsite 5 generate one annotation for the current day for site with id 5
- ./console visitorgenerator:generate-goals --idsite 5 generates some predefined goals for site with id 5
- ./console visitorgenerator:generate-users --limit 100 generates 100 users
- ./console visitorgenerator:generate-websites --limit 100 generates 100 websites
- ./console visitorgenerator:generate-visits --idsite 5 generates many visits for site with id 5 for today
- ./console visitorgenerator:generate-visits --idsite 5 --days 2 generates many visits for site with id 5 for today and yesterday
- ./console visitorgenerator:anonymize-log /path/to/log takes an Apache log file, anonymizes it and places it in a data directory so it will be replayed the next time "generate-visits" is executed
- ./console visitorgenerator:shorten-log /path/to/file.log > file.short.log takes a large Apache log file and keeps only a small number of logs per day
- 1.0 Initial release
- 1.1 New features:
- Added CLI commands
- Added possibility to generate websites, users and goals
- Replay all log files within the data directory
- 1.2 New features:
- New log file added
- Added possibility to shorten and anonymize log files
- Added possibility to let plugins define their own log files
- Added possibility to generate annotations
- Replay only log entries having the same day of the month
- 1.2.1 New workaround:
- When force_ssl is enabled, and visits are generated on localhost, force to use HTTP instead of HTTPS
from Jun 2nd 2014
from May 22nd 2014
from May 4th 2014
from Apr 2nd 2014
from Nov 1st 2013
from Nov 1st 2013
from Oct 31st 2013
Please direct any feedback to email@example.com
This plugin is released under the GPLv3+ license.
This plugin uses the Faker library which is released under the MIT license.